Feature - July 22, 2016
Feature - February 15, 2017
News Release - June 28, 2019
News Release - January 10, 2019
News Release - March 20, 2020
News Release - February 22, 2019
News Release - January 20, 2023
The Court of Appeal, First Appellate District (San Francisco), has announced its intention to destroy civil records, case names and numbers listed on the attached documents, pursuant to Rule 10.1028(d)(1) of the California Rules of Court.
News Release - July 18, 2018
News Release - September 13, 2022
Frequently Asked Question
When viewing the webcast, I see a black video stream. Is something wrong?
A: Hearings may have not yet begun, or the event may be in recess. Some buffering is also normal, which may cause the video player to remain dark while the video loads.
1) If you are using the Chrome browser, there may be a flash content setting restricting the webcast from playing. Follow these instructions to disable flash blocking:
- In the Chrome address bar go to: chrome://settings > Show advanced settings... > Privacy, Content settings…
- Scroll down the menu for Flash settings.
- Select “Allow”, or “Ask first…” and go back to the webcast page and reload.
2) A graphic with some sound will typically be played from approximately 20 minutes before the start of a hearing to enable viewers to verify that their streaming video connection is working.
Feature - August 9, 2016