Friday September 10, 2021
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
Veterans and Military Families Subcommittee
This subcommittee makes recommendations to the Judicial Council's Collaborative Justice Courts Advisory Committee. This meeting will be conducted remotely with a listen-only conference line available for the public. The public may submit comments for this meeting only in writing.
Public Call-In Number: 833 568 8864 (Toll free)
Webinar ID: 161 654 1946 (listen only)
Meeting materials for open portions of the meeting will be posted on the advisory body web page on the California Courts website at least three business days before the meeting.
Open to the Public (Cal. Rules of Court, rule 10.75(c)(1) and (e)(1))
Item 1: A National Study of Veterans Treatment Court participants: Who Benefits and Who Recidivates
Item 2: California Association of Collaborative Courts (CACC) - Report on the CACC Conference held on Sept 2nd - 4th
Item 3: California Association of Collaborative Courts (CACC) - Update Veterans Treatment Court Strategic Plan
- Hon. Eileen C. Moore—Chair, Associate Justice of the Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division Three
- Mr. Steve Binder, Ret. Deputy Public Defender, San Diego County Public Defender Office
- Mr. Michael L Elliott, Acting Court Executive Officer, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Fresno
- Ms. Cherie Garofalo, Deputy Court Executive Officer, Court Operations, Superior Court of California, County of San Bernardino
- Hon. Sam Lavorato, Jr., Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Monterey
- Hon. Stephen V. Manley, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
- Ms. Kacie Patton, Deputy Probation Officer, Solano County Probation Officer
- Hon. Mary K. Varipapa, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Orange
- Dr. Kathleen West, Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California
- Ms. Deb Cima, Retired Treatment Court Coordinator
Members of the public seeking to make an audio recording of the open meeting portion of the meeting must submit a written request at least two business days before the meeting. Requests can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with California Rules of Court, rule 10.75(k)(1), written comments pertaining to any agenda item of a regularly noticed open meeting can be submitted up to one complete business day before the meeting. For this specific meeting, comments should be e-mailed to email@example.com (Attention: Michael Roosevelt). Only written comments received by Thursday, September 9th, 2021 will be provided to advisory body members prior to the start of the meeting.