Wednesday November 30, 2022
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Commission to Consider Appellate Court Appointments
Live link to webcast here.
VIA VIDEOCONFERENCE—The Commission on Judicial Appointments will hold virtual public hearings on Nov. 30 starting at 3 p.m. to consider three appointments by Governor Gavin Newsom:
- Justice Therese Stewart, as presiding justice of the First District Court of Appeal, Division Two (San Francisco);
- Judge Gregory Weingart, as associate justice of the Second District Court of Appeal, Division One (Los Angeles) 2DCA1; and
- Judge Victor Viramontes, as associate Justice of the Second District Court of Appeal, Division Eight (Los Angeles).
The Commission members are:
- Chief Justice Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye (Chair)
- Attorney General Rob Bonta
- Presiding Justice Jim Humes (for Justice Stewart’s hearing) or Presiding Justice Arthur Gilbert (for Judges Weingart and Viramontes).
The three virtual hearings will be livestreamed via the California Courts Newsroom.